The most common questions we get from our clients
BEFORE YOUR TAN:
How to prepare for your airbrush tan:
- Shower with plain water, shave, and exfoliate 24-48 hours prior to your tan. Exfoliating will slough off dead skin cells so the tan will last longer. Do not shower with moisturizing shower gels, especially Dove Olay or bar soaps. These can act as barriers not allowing the tanning solution to completely soak in to the skin.
- Also, please DO NOT shower within the 4 hours prior to your tan. Water knocks of the natural pH of your skin and can cause your tan to come out brassy.
- Schedule any waxing, facial, nail appointments prior to the tanning session. It is important for waxing to be done no less than 48 hours prior to your appointment for optimal results.
- Come to the session with clean, dry skin. This means no makeup, lotion, deodorant, sunscreen... nothing. Again, do not shower with moisturizing shower gels, especially Dove. These can act as barriers not allowing the tanning solution to completely soak in to the skin.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing until your tan is completely dry, making sure to avoid skin on skin contact. You may dust areas that might be prone to perspire with powder to help protect your new tan until it develops.
AFTER YOUR TAN
How to prolong the life of your airbrush tan:
- Avoid exercising or physical activity for at least 24 hours. Perspiring before the tan fully develops can result in uneven color and streaking.
- Avoid rain and exposure to water for the time prescribed by your tan technician. This can range between 2 - 12 hours.
- Do not apply makeup or lotion for at least 24 hours.
- Rinse with water only in 2-8 hours as instructed by your technician. The temporary cosmetic bronzer will wash off and this is normal.
- After the first soap shower, usually after 24 hours, moisturize your entire body twice daily. Use designated natural products to increase duration of the airbrush tan.
- Avoid long showers or baths as water acts as a natural exfoliant. Avoid hot tubs, and chlorine pools which causes a tan to fade faster.
- The tan does not offer any UV protection so it's important to protect your beautiful skin by using sunscreen at all times, regardless of your skin type.
I can't wait to meet you!
TanTara Mobile Airbrush Tan
Monday - By Appointment Only
Tuesday - 10:00 am – 06:00 pm
Wednesday - 10:00 am – 07:00 pm
Thursday - 10:00 am – 07:00 pm
Friday - 12:00 pm – 06:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday - Closed
I have a question, Tara!
Serving the Greater KC metro area
CASH AND ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED.
CHECKS NOT ACCEPTED.
PLEASE TEXT TO SCHEDULE. 816-914-2363
Scheduling will not be accepted by email or social media.
A telephone consultation is required for new brides. I want you to have the very BEST experience possible. As such, education on proper prep and care is vital to that experience.
Every service is customized especially for you!